- »Teaching & Learning
- »Technology, Vocational, Information and Business Education
- »Vocational, Information and Business Education
- »Courses Offered
Mrs A Boyce, Mrs D Brunton, Ms H Jones, Mrs S Peacock, Mr P Redrup, Mr M Powell
Key Stage 3
All students will follow a three-year curriculum which focuses on the following three areas:
- Computer Science - problem-solving and introduction to programming
- Information Technology - use of applications and consideration of e-safety, privacy, ethics and intellectual property
- Digital Literacy - basic functional skills, such as the ability to use Office 365 applications, etc.
Each student receives one lesson a week in which they learn essential ICT and Computing skills through the use of industry-standard software.
Key Stage 4
As part of the options process we also offer GCSE Computer Science and Cambridge Nationals in Creative iMedia.
Key Stage 5
Computer Science A Level is offered at KS5 and provides excellent progression for those who have already studied it at GCSE, although this is not a prerequisite.