Statement of Behaviour Principles
- Every student understands they have the right to feel safe, valued and respected, and learn free from the disruption of others
- Every student should display a positive attitude to College life by being present, punctual and remaining in the environments they are required to be in
- All students, staff and visitors are free from any form of discrimination
- The College will maintain a zero-tolerance stance on discrimination or abuse of any kind
- Every student should feel comfortable to report issues when they occur (either when a victim or bystander) to either key staff or via relevant electronic platforms such as ReportIt@.
- Staff and volunteers set an excellent example to students at all times
- Rewards, sanctions and reasonable force are when necessary used in a consistent manner by staff, in line with the relevant policies
- The Management of Behaviour Policy is understood by staff and students and underpins the guiding principles of the College of ‘Believe Succeed’
- The Governing Board supports the College in emphasising that violence of any kind or threatening behaviour will not be tolerated in any circumstances
- The Management of Behaviour Policy explains that suspensions will only be used as a last resort, and outlines the processes involved in fixed term suspensions and permanent exclusions
- Students are helped to take responsibility for their actions, through the restorative approach
- Families are expected to be supportive in the management of behaviour to foster good relationships between the College and students’ home life.