- »Teaching & Learning
- »Technology, Vocational, Information and Business Education
- »Vocational Education
- »BTEC Tech Award Level 1/2 Certificate in Child Development
BTEC Tech Award Level 1/2 Certificate in Child Development
The BTEC Tech Award is a work-related qualification. Students studying this course could use it as a basis for working in the area of child development.
The course is divided into three units:
- Children’s Growth and Development
- Learning through Play
- Supporting Children to Play, Learn and Develop.
Assessment and Reporting
Assessment is mainly by set tasks (60%) which is divided into two core units of work. The other unit is an examination (40%). The qualification is graded over seven grades from Level 1 Pass to Level 2 Distinction*, equivalent to 1 GCSE grade at 9-1.
Students will be expected to complete weekly tasks of the following nature – Research Tasks, Questions, Worksheets. These should be approximately 30 minutes in length.
Maximum of 20 students in each class. Students will be in mixed ability classes.
How Parents Can Help Students
Parents can help monitor the progress of their student by referring to the unit assignment and checking their progress against the submission date. A copy of the grading grid will be included in each unit assignment to help with parental and student assessment.
Identify and promote the reading of articles found in newspapers and magazines related to the subject topic.
It will be very useful if parents are aware of each of the three unit deadlines.
Under supervision students could watch TV programmes about related issues and programmes advertised as relating to child development or learning through play.