An apprenticeship is a job that provides a training component that allows you to learn a particular skill or set of skills. It allows you to earn while you learn.
There are four types of apprenticeship:
- Intermediate apprenticeships - these are generally considered to be the equivalent of five GCSEs
- Advanced apprenticeships - these are considered to be the equivalent as two A level passes
- Higher apprenticeships - these can lead to a HND, HNC or foundation degree
- Degree apprenticeships - these are offered by some universities and can lead to a full bachelor's or master's degree
Search and apply for an apprenticeship in Englandwww.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeshipsearch
ALPS Partnership Ltd represents a community of training providers that specialise in apprenticeships and work-based learning in Surrey
The Apprenticeship Guide contains concise summaries of every apprenticeship offered in England, plus general careers advice, real life stories, employer advertising, a directory of providers and much, much more.
Amazing Apprenticeships will help you to navigate the fast-changing world of apprenticeships and vocational education.
Everything you need to know about becoming an apprentice
The UK's leading website for school and college leavers
Not Going to Uni
Further useful information
- An introduction to apprenticeship - Year 11 assembly
- Apprenticeship pack for 16-19 year olds
- What is an apprenticeship?
- Student guide to apprenticeship 2020
- Reviews from past apprentices
- Higher & degree apprenticeship
- Top apprenticeship employers
- Apprenticeships: Hints and tips for Parents and Carers
- Parents’ and carers’ Pack - Helping your child search and apply for apprenticeships
- Education Development Trust LMI Bulletin No 86 - March 2022