- »Teaching & Learning
- »Extra-Curricular Activities
- »Why is Enterprise Education Important?
Why is Enterprise Education Important?
Enterprise education is important, for several reasons:
- It lets students know that starting and operating a business is a career option. This is particularly important for those that may not plan to go to higher education.
- It reinforces basic skills in Literacy, Maths and ICT and relates these abilities to real applications.
- Personal finance capabilities are developed which will help students in their work and personal lives.
- It provides a bridge between the world of work and the school environment.
- Entrepreneurial individuals are better employees and develop skills that are becoming increasingly in demand by employers.
- It is a motivating approach to learning, developing in the student self-esteem and a sense of purpose.
- It equips students with life skills and makes them more positive contributors to society.
The most important fact to consider is that enterprise education is focussed on the individual and their potential to achieve. By using the language of enterprise it can be clearly stated that the aspirations of the students can benefit from this aspect of the curriculum.